Friday, May 2, 2008

Today was a day that started out really hard. We had Albanian class, and I just was not getting it. Our teacher speaks in Albanian and does not know English. This can be good, but it really was hard today to form questions. If we don’t understand something it is hard to explain what we don’t understand in a language we are learning. The Albanian saying we have heard is to have a cucumber for a brain. I felt like this today.

The day did get better. Most of my classes went well, and I was so excited to have my class with Ida today. She does believe in God and is Orthodox. I was so excited that she not only believes, but could articulate somewhat what she believes. This is so encouraging. It was really like having a bible study in English rather than an English class than is bible based. With her English and my Albanian we really can communicate. God is good. I keep praying that we can plant the seeds that will grow into faith and belief in action in our students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home